INTRODUCTION ... The power goes where God's attention is. Jesus was anointed to lift the burden that sin has put on people. How does the anointing work in a person's life? Remember ... The word anointing means... "To rub with oil ... to put you in a position to know ... to separate you and consecrate you and to empower you to do things supernaturally."
Romans 8:1-2... "For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death." When a person has been redeemed a new set of laws begin to work in their lives. God introduces a new set of principles for people to live by. The word law means... "to parcel out as food... passing out rules through the idea of prescriptive usage ... regulatory principles of truth"...
There are eight New Testament laws
1) Romans 3:27 ... The law of faith... There is a right use of faith.
2) Romans 7:23... The law of the mind... How you think is important.
3) Romans 7:23... The law of sin... Sin works progressively.
4) Romans 9:31 ... The law of righteousness ... Produces grace.
5) Romans 7:22 ... The law of God... The Logos ... The written Word.
6) Galatians 6:2 ... The law of Christ ... Loving one another.
7) James 1:25 ... The law of liberty ... freedom from condemnation.
8) Romans 8: 2 ... The law of the Spirit...
This has to do with the Spirit's work in relations with man... the anointing... The same Spirit of life that was in Jesus is in you to help you to live without handicaps. The root of every handicap is found in the fall of Adam and Eve. Sin entered the world through Adam and that sin has the power to pull you down. (1 Corinthians 15:21-22) The root of freedom is found in the redemptive grace that is found in Christ and that Spirit of grace makes us alive and free. The "anointing" lifts the burdens. There are many Scriptures that talk of the anointing. I John 2:20,27... Psalm 92:10... Luke 4:18... Acts 10:38... 2 Corinthians 1:19-22 ... Hebrews 1:9 ... Proverbs 22:11...Psalm 89:20...Numbers 18:18 ... Revelation 3:18 ... Isaiah 10:27 ...
HOW DOES THE ANOINTING WORK ...
I) The Holy Spirit's anointing IS IN YOUR SPIRIT... the area of control… I John 2:27... "abideth in you"... The spirit part of us is the part of us that God touches and it's the part of us that touches God. Note... Job 32:8... "There is a spirit in man and the inspiration of the Almighty (Holy Spirit) gives them understanding." (The breathing of the El Shaddai) 2 Corinthians 1:20-22... "the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts" (spirit) That's the location of the Spirit in us ... Proverbs 4:23 says, "Keep your heart (spirit) for out of it are the issues of life." What are the issues of life? To keep a person healthy... burden free ... freedom from the destructive powers of sin... prosperous ... happiness ... and much more... Proverbs 18:14... "The spirit of man will sustain (minister, maintain) his infirmity."... Philemon v-25... "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit." (grace.. Divine influence upon your heart… operational power ... the anointing.) The promise (Acts 1:8) The outpouring (Acts 2:1-4) comes to your spirit... That's God's base in you. The anointing increases in you when you have a close relationship with God and Christ Jesus... it is then you can release God's grace and peace to help others. (1 Thessalonians 1:1)
2) The anointing moves from your spirit TO YOUR MIND… the area of thought… the area of intelligence... When there is a need for knowing… you are to present your body (Romans 12:1-3) unto God. This is your reasonable service says the Spirit. "Be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind"... or... "by an action of the supernatural upon your mind"... The Spirit gives you "knowledge" so that you know what to do. This is what Romans 12 teaches ... the anointing and the knowledge to deliver people correctly. The Spirit has knowledge... "Worship God as thinking beings"... Romans 12:1 (Becks) That means we must worship, witness, study, minister, work as thinking beings. God is anti-ignorance. 2 Timothy 1 : 7... the anointing gives us a sound mind. I John 2:27... the anointing puts you in a position to know. Hosea 4:6... "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge." In Proverbs 8 the Spirit as the Spirit of wisdom comes first to your door and gives you one of the most important messages of your Christian experience..."Receive Him because He delights in you and wants to be by your side." Then... He exhorts you to be found waiting at His doors for whatever wisdom you may need. Ephesians 4:23... "And be renewed in the spirit of your mind."
3) From your mind the anointing MOVES TO YOUR BODY... the area of action... Romans 12:1 says, "present your body." I Corinthians 3:16… "your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost." 1 Corinthians 6:19- 20... "glorify God in your body and in your spirit." Psalm 63:1-3 ... "My flesh cries out for the living God." The body glorifies God by doing. The anointing makes you alive to action... to getting involved... Jesus said, "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak" (Matthew 26:41 ) Very often it is fear that blocks the doing. The anointing quickens your mortal body... (Romans 8:11) The anointing removes lethargy and apathy. It awakens you to get up and get going.
4) The anointing moves next TO THE MOUTH... the area of speech …. The anointing helps you to communicate. The anointing puts power in your talking. It gives you boldness to speak out. Job 6:25 says, "How forcible are right words." The anointing must be verbalized. The right word at the right time is very important. Proverbs 16:24 says that pleasant words (anointed words) brings health to the bones and health to your attitudes. Part of our warfare armor is "having our feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace." The Greek meaning of this is... "Having a ready made Spirit produced utterance that quenches the works of the devil." "The sword of the Spirit is the word of God. " (Ephesians 6:1 5,17) Everything that is done in life is done through communication. Let the Spirit anoint your talking.
5 ) From your mouth the anointing MOVES TO THE PEOPLE IN NEED... the area of ministry... the doing. This is... seeing a need and meeting it. The anointing receives people... reaches out to people... you reach out through speaking. Reaching out means praying for people. Reaching out means talking to people. People are hungry foe meaningful conversation. The anointing gives you a spirit of compassion, mercy, love, hospitality. Romans 8:35-39 lists seventeen needs of people and tells us that through Christ we are more than conquerors. Song of Solomon 1: teaches thirty nine needs of people. Thirty-nine stripes were given to Jesus. "By His stripes ye were healed." (1 Peter 2:24) In the New Testament the word one another is used approximately 58 times. Let the anointing that is in you reach out to people.
6) The anointing now moves you TO CIRCUMSTANCES… the area of problems… Circumstances can kill you… but by the anointing circumstances can change. "By the anointing the yoke is destroyed." Mountains… are the things that rear up in front of you to hinder your progress and they can be removed. (Mark 11:22-23) In Acts 20:24 Paul talks of the trials facing him... He said, "None of these things move me" 11 In 2 Timothy 3:11 Paul teaches, "Out of them all the Lord delivered me." In 2 Corinthians 12:9 when Paul was given a messenger from Satan to buffet him... God said, "My grace (anointing) is sufficient for thee." The gifts of the Spirit that works with the anointing is greater than any circumstance. The anointing gives us operational power to handle things. The enemy has designs on your life and he can be defeated by the anointing in you. If you are facing a circumstance... don't fear it... but look at it as an opportunity to defeat it through the anointing.
7) The anointing now moves you to SATANIC OPPOSITION... the area of warfare... The activities of the devil are all around us ... but when God begins to move that activity increases. John 4:4 says, "Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world." Without the anointing Satanic warfare is harder to deal with. Jesus was anointed to heal all that were oppressed by the devil. (Acts 10:38) Your anointing is there to get people free from Satanic bondage. Paul talks in 2 Corinthians 2:11 that we are not to let Satan get an advantage over us. The anointing discovers the devil's tactics. Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 10:1-4 that the weapons of our warfare are not carnal... they are mighty through the anointing... The word warfare as used here means... "the mission we are sent on.... our apostleship... our service... our ministry... our expedition." Job tells us that when the anointing of God was in his life "he knocked out the fangs of the godless oppressors and made them drop their victims." (Job 29:17 Living Bible) In Song of Solomon 4:8 the groom took the bride up the mountain and showed her the birthing of Satanic activity. The anointing will do this for us too. It's easier to handle the birth of Satanic activity than when it's full grown.
8 ) The anointing now moves you to FREEDOM... the area of liberty... You are now free... in peace... delivered... in victory... The Spirit is the Spirit of life... The Believer's redemption is a call to freedom... to Edenic like living. Adam in Genesis 2 walked in the liberty of the Spirit. Galatians 5:16 exhorts us "to walk in the Spirit." Psalm 51:12 tells us that David asked the Lord "to uphold him with His free Spirit." David also asked the Lord to "renew a right Spirit within him." The purpose of the anointing is to bring us into freedom. That's where God puts His attention... "As He is ... so are we in this world." (1 John 4:17)
Nehemiah 9: 2 0... "You gave them your good Spirit to instruct them. "
Luke 12:12... "For the Holy Spirit will teach you at that time what you should say."
John 14:26... "But the Comforter... will teach will remind you of everything I said unto you."
Ezekiel 36:27... "And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees."
John 16:13... "But when the spirit of truth comes, He will guide you into all truth."